Coffey County Enrollment Deadline: December 1st
Enrollment for the 2021-2022 4-H Year Begins October 1st.
Please be sure to utilize the new enrollment resources (Click Here) to re-enroll this year!
Prior to beginning the enrollment process, it is helpful to have an idea of what club you would like to join, and what projects you are interested in completing throughout the 4-H year. Check out the "About Our 4-H Clubs" and "Project Resources" tabs under 4-H Youth Development for more information regarding clubs and projects.
Enrolling: An Easy, 2 Step Process
1. Enroll your 4-Her in 4-H Online located at https://v2.4honline.com/ Below is a step by step guide to help walk you through enrolling in 4-H Online.
- Enrollment Instructions
- RETURNING MEMBERS! Please DO NOT create a new 4-H Online account. Please use your existing account to re-enroll in the new year, or you will create a duplicate account and it will have to be redone using your original login information. If necessary, you can reset your password yourself, or contact the Extension Office for assistance.
Once you submit an enrollment in 4-H Online you will see that the enrollment status shows as "pending". The status will remain as "pending" until both Kansas 4-H has approved your enrollment AND step 2 is complete..
2. Watch for an email from the Extension Office that will have an enrollment report for you to sign and return by December 1st.
Once you have completed these two steps and the enrollment is approved the status will change from "pending" to "active" in 4-H Online. PLEASE NOTE: You are not considered an "active" 4-H member until both of these steps are complete. Therefore, it is crucial that both steps are completed as soon as possible to ensure that your name is reflected on project and club lists that are sent to leaders after December 1st.
The new 4-H year begins October 1st and goes through September 30th each year. In order to ensure that we are getting the most accurate and up-to-date lists out to our club and project leaders, Coffey County sets an enrollment deadline of December 1st. However, we must actually accept new enrollments throughout the entire 4-H year in accordance with Kansas 4-H policy. Those who enroll after December 1st should take into consideration that 1) you/your 4-Her may not reflect on project lists that have been sent to club and project leaders, therefore, you/your 4-Her may miss out on important project/club information 2) Members intending to show and sell livestock at the Coffey County Fair must attend 6 community meetings each year in order to be eligible to sell livestock in the Fair Premium Sale 3) The final day to add or drop projects is May 1st. In order to be able to participate in the Coffey County Fair 4-H project activities 4-Her's must be enrolled in projects by that date.
$15 Annual Enrollment Fee to KANSAS 4-H FOUNDATION
The $15 program fee is due to Kansas 4-H within 7 days of enrolling through 4-H Online. This fee cannot be paid through the Extension Office. There are 3 ways to pay the annual program fee:
1. Via Debit/Credit Card through 4-H Online- At the end of your enrollment through 4-H Online you will be prompted to pay via credit card. See "New Member Enrollment Brochure" or "Returning Member Re-Enrollment Brochure" for more details.
2. Via Check written to Kansas 4-H within 7 days of completing your online enrollment. You may check mark the option to pay by check at the end of your 4-H Online enrollment instead of paying by debit/credit card. Mail to:
Kansas 4-H Youth Development
1612 Claflin Rd
201 Umberger Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
3. Request a Waiver: Kansas 4-H is committed to ensuring that everyone who would like to participate in 4-H is able to. Therefore, if a family is unable to pay the $15 annual program fee, the family may select "Request A Waiver". A family requesting to be waived of the program fee may provide a reason (i.e. bankruptcy, income, health issue, etc) at the time of the waiver request, but a reason is not required to be provided.
Out of County Enrollment Requests
Individuals who do not reside in Coffey County are required to make a formal request to join a Coffey County 4-H Club. To make a request, please fill out the request form provided through the link below. Please return this completed form to a club leader with the Coffey County 4-H Club that you are requesting to join for approval. After approving the request, the club leader will then turn the form into the Extension Office for agent approval, and then the agents will turn the form into the Extension Board for final approval. Once your request has gone through the entire approval process you may enroll in Coffey County 4-H, or will be provided a reason that your request was not approved.
4-H members may add or drop projects to their enrollment at anytime between October 1st though May 1st of the current 4-H year. All changes must be made in WRITING to the Coffey County Extension Office. Changes may be made by a parent/legal guardian emailing a member of the Extension staff, or by filling out the add/drop form below. 4-Hers must be enrolled in a project to be able to show and earn premium money in the 4-H division of the Coffey County Fair.
- Email Lauren (Office Professional) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Darl (Ag & 4-H Agent) at email@example.com
- Email Jill (FACS & 4-H Agent) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloverbuds Member (5-6 year olds)
The overall purpose of the 4-H Cloverbuds program is to foster the development of life skills that are essential for cognitive, social, emotional, and physical maturation of five and six year olds by providing a unique educational opportunity. To become a 4-H Cloverbuds member, the child must have reached the age of 5 years old prior to January 1 of the current 4-H year. Youth who turn 7 prior to January 1 of the current 4-H year should enroll as an active 4-H member.
Cloverbuds enroll following the same two steps as a regular 4-H member enrollment. First, by completing a 4-H Online enrollment, and second by printing a report to sign and return to the extension office. THE DIFFERENCE WHEN ENROLLING: 4-H Cloverbuds should list "Cloverbuds Participant" as their project. No other projects may be selected.
Principles for Kansas 4-H Cloverbuds
- Activity Focused
- Group Centered Learning
- Leader Directed
- Success Oriented
4-H Cloverbuds may not participate in any competitive 4-H event. 4-H Cloverbuds members may showcase their exhibits at fairs and public events. 4H Cloverbuds may not have 4-H livestock projects that require long-term, ongoing care or weigh-ins, nor can the member participate as a competitive 4-H exhibitor within livestock divisions.
More information and resources for Cloverbuds can be found on the Kansas 4-H Page. Click here for a direct link to the page.