4-H Project Resources
4-H projects should be selected during enrollment in October of each 4-H year. The Project Selection Guide is a great resource for getting started in your selections. Projects may then be added or dropped at any point up until May 1st of the current 4-H year. Any changes to project enrollment should be submitted in writing to the Extension Office by filling out an Add/Drop form, or by a parent/guardian listed on the 4-Her's enrollment emailing changes to Lauren, Darl, or Jill prior to May 1st.
It is important to set goals and to make a record of steps you are taking to complete those goals throughout the 4-H year. This will not only help you be successful in your projects, but will also make completing your KAP's so much easier. The "Records" section of the 4-H Family Handbook is a great resource for setting and achieving goals throughout the year.
Remember to be S.M.A.R.T when setting goals for your project.
Countywide Project Leaders
Bees- Lauren Hull & Layne Knight
Bucket Calf- Megan Wilson
Horse- Ethan & Jerry Rice
Poultry- Dave & Debbie Redding
Rabbit- Janel George
Sheep- Maggie Seaman
Western Heritage- Brian Rausch & John Torrence
There is an abundance of Kansas 4-H project resources available. Please visit the Kansas 4-H Projects page and select your project area of interest for more information.
Below are links to additional resources. Please contact the Coffey County Extension Office if you are searching for specific information about a project area.
- Fashion Revue Script Information
- Important Livestock Deadlines
- Market Beef Nominations- May 1, 2022
- Market Beef Corrections- June 1, 2022
- Commercial Heifer, Swine, Sheep, and Meat Goat Nominations- June 15, 2022
- Commercial Heifer, Swine, Sheep, and Meat Goat Corrections- July 15, 2022
- Check out the State Events Tab for more information on events such as the Kansas State Fair, KJLS, Sweepstakes, etc.
FCS, Livestock Judging & Skillathon Resources