4-H Project Resources
4-H projects should be selected during enrollment in October of each 4-H year. The Project Selection Guide is a great resource for getting started in your selections. Projects may then be added or dropped at any point up until May 1st of the current 4-H year. Any changes to project enrollment should be submitted in writing to the Extension Office by filling out an Add/Drop form, or by a parent/guardian listed on the 4-Her's enrollment emailing changes to Lauren, Darl, or Clarissa prior to May 1st.
It is important to set goals and to make a record of steps you are taking to complete those goals throughout the 4-H year. This will not only help you be successful in your projects, but will also make completing your KAP's so much easier. The "Records" section of the 4-H Family Handbook is a great resource for setting and achieving goals throughout the year.
Remember to be S.M.A.R.T when setting goals for your project.
Countywide Project Leaders
Horse- Ethan & Jerry Rice
Poultry- Dave & Debbie Redding
Rabbit- Margie Sawdey & Janel George
Western Heritage- Brian Rausch & John Torrence
Below are links to resources for popular Coffey County 4-H projects that may help aid you in your accomplishments throughout the 4-H year. The Extension Office and many local libraries also have project resources in binders available for check out. Be sure to contact the Extension Office if you need any direction getting started in your projects this year.
Beef Helper's Guide
- Fashion Revue Script Information
- Leaders Notebook (Intro)
- Leaders Notebook II (Ages 9-11)
- Leaders Notebook III (Ages 12-14)
- Leaders Notebook IV (Ages 15 and up)
- Important Livestock Deadlines
- Market Beef Nominations- May 1, 2019
- Market Beef Corrections- June 1, 2019
- Commercial Heifer, Swine, Sheep, and Meat Goat Nominations- June 15, 2019
- Commercial Heifer, Swine, Sheep, and Meat Goat Corrections- July 15, 2019
- Check out the State Events Tab for more information on events such as the Kansas State Fair, KJLS, Sweepstakes, etc.
Livestock Judging & SKillathon Resources
There is an abundance of resources available for other projects as well. Please visit the Kansas 4-H Projects page if a direct link to your project resources is not listed above.