4-H Beekeeping Project
This 4-H project is (at minimum) a 2 year commitment.
Coffey County 4-H has been granted the Kansas Honey Producers (KHP) Youth Scholarship Grant for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 4-H years. At the end of the grant term, the supplies provided by KHP will become the property of Coffey County 4-H as long as the terms of the grant are met.
Provided by the Kansas Honey Producers Association
- The grantee (Lauren Hull) agrees to work with the mentor and utilize best-practice beekeeping. The grantee will become the beekeeping leader of the targeted youth group and will organize instructional opportunities with the mentor and the youth group.
- Grantee and youth will endeavor to join and participate in any local beekeeping associations, taking advantage of seasonal classes and meetings.
- One additional new beekeeper class each year held by one of the regional areas in Kansas (NEKBA, SCKBA, SEKBA, NCKBA (etc.)
- One workshop featuring at the hives observations during the first year of operation. (ex. NEKBA FUNDAY)
- Participate in the Kansas State Fair with an entry in a minimum of 2 categories. (Any eligible category of honey entry, food entry with honey, 4-H self-determined project, and/or bee photography.